Staying hydrated is an essential part of staying healthy. Drinking plenty of water is essential for your health and for your very survival. Our bodies have water which accounts for at least two thirds of our body weight. Water is required for all body functions and processes, including digestion and elimination. You can actually live longer without food than you can without water. And if you are on a diet and want to lose weight, by taking water it guarantees that you stay healthy as it keeps you hydrated. Drinking water also helps in removing wastes from the body.
If you do not drink plenty of water, you can quickly become dehydrated which can also lead to headaches, tiredness and fatigue. So it is essential that you stay hydrated because it can help keep you energized, active and healthy. Most people just drink water when it is hot or after exercising. Drinking a lot of water may help avoid unnecessary intake of food calories found in snacks.
Any non-alcoholic drink can help you stay hydrated. Examples include Water, Soda, Juice, Coffee and Tea. Although drinks such as Sodas are usually sweetened and can have high calories which could have negative effects with your body. One of the major signs of dehydration is dry mouth.
Tips to use to ensure that you always stay hydrated
- Drink a glass of water in between meals.
- Carry a water bottle every time you step out.
- Eat plenty of fruits especially those that have high water content like water melon or pineapple.
- Drink plenty of water before you sleep and when you wake up in the morning.
- Drink Coffee or tea every time you step out to eat in a restaurant.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks because they always keep you dehydrated.