I know you probably didn’t know that the avocado seed has health benefits, well it does. The avocado seed has numerous health benefits as we shall see below and how to prep it. The vitamins and minerals in abundance within the avocado are vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate, vitamin B5, vitamin E , also traces of magnesium, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, iron, phosphorous and manganese.
Avocado seed has the following benefits;
- They prevent epilepsy Some research has been done suggesting that the avocado seed may, in fact, be instrumental in treating epilepsy.
- They regulate thyroid disorder
- They support the formation of collagen
- They treat diarrhea. It has a high soluble fiber content which is also great for high cholesterol, dysentery, bowel inflammation and other gastrointestinal problems.
- They treat fatigue
- They cure blemishes
- They prevent tumor growth. Antioxidants such as carotenoids: beta carotene, alpha carotene, zeaxanthin which are shown to inhibit growth of prostate, breast, head and neck cancers.
- They relax the muscle if applied topically.
How to prepare avocado seed for consumption
Well let’s start with the basic hygiene, rinse the avocado seed with water and then dehydrate it for 2 hours. It should have a greyish/whitish coating. Then just peel the outer coating of the seed and discard it, you shall remain with a browning ball if we may so simply put it. Gently press the knife into the seam of it to pop it open. The seed should be soft enough for you to slice and dice with a knife.
This being a risky endeavor, watch your fingers as at times the seed might not be soft enough to easily dice. You may end up cutting yourself, with that precautionary measure out of the way let’s dive deeper into the process. By now you may be having smaller diced avocado seed, now blitz it in the blender to get finer, more consumable product.
If you so wish, you may add it to your smoothie and baking for a boost of anti-oxidants, fiber and gut healing nutrient, Bon a petite.